Woke up feeling miserable one afternoon and decided to make a proper brunch. Let’s face it, some nights you just have a little too much fun celebrating and feel miserable in the morning. Most of the people I know will immediately reach for greasy,fatty, fried, cheesy foods or a nice bowl of Vietnamese Pho. While these options are great and will definitely make you feel better, they’re not really the healthiest choice.
Simple guide to refueling for the next day: –This was one of those run into the fridge and see whatever food needs to be cooked before it spoils moments.
- I always start with a nice freshly brewed cup of coffee.
- Zico Coconut water is amazing. The taste took a while to get used to (unless you’re already a fan of coconut juice), but the re hydrating qualities are amazing.
- Silk Almond Milk. Pricier than regular milk but for those that are lactose intolerant, Silk soymilks are a great alternative.
- Chobani Greek Yogurt – Personal favorite and it’s generally on sale at Shop Rite 10 for $10. Not that bad considering your other food options at $1/serving.
- I always try to top off a bowl of cereal with fresh fruit whenever I can. (Blueberries, strawberries, and bananas are my personal favorites)
- Cooked an egg over easy (flipping it one time after most of the egg white has congealed and cooked) Topped with a little cheddar cheese.
- Had a small piece of leftover flank steak from the night before and topped that off with some sauted onions. (More on cooking steak later)
- Sliced up an avocado (can’t get enough of them) and plated it with some grape tomatoes.
Guilt-free recovery meal that won’t weigh you down for the rest of the day.